Passengers Rights and Complaints management
As from December 18th, 2012 the EU Regulation No 1177/2010 (the Regulation) on passengers’ rights in maritime and inland waterways has entered into force. Accordingly, the Italian Government has designated the Autorità di Regolazione dei Trasporti (ART) as the National Enforcement Body (NEB) in charge of ensuring that the rights of passengers under the Regulation are respected in Italy.
In compliance with Article 23, paragraph 1, of the Regulation, in the port areas managed by the terminal operator Venezia Terminal Passeggeri S.p.A. (V.T.P.) information on passengers’ rights are made available to the public as follows:
- On V.T.P. website.
- At the main entrance gates of V.T.P. Passenger Port.
- In the passenger halls.
- At the information points.
Passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility (PRM)
According to Article 24 of the Regulation, the passenger may make a formal complaint either to the Carrier or to the terminal operator within two (2) months from the date on which the service has or should have been performed.
Any complaints to the terminal operator can be submitted in Italian or in English using the present form (also available in the information desk of the terminals):
- By letter to Venezia Terminal Passeggeri S.p.A., Marittima, Fabbricato 248, 30135 Venezia.
- By certified e-mail to: email@example.com
Please note that the complaints can also be submitted without using the above mentioned form, provided that it is specified the following information:
- User’s identification data (name, surname, address) and of the representative, enclosing in this case the user’s delegation and the user’s ID;
- identification data of the undertaken journey (date, departure time, origin and destination) and of the contract of carriage (reservation number or ticket number);
- description of the non-compliance of the service to one or more of the requirements as defined by European or National regulations, to the general conditions of carriage, or in the case where it is envisaged the adoption, to the Charter of services.
According to its quality management system, Venezia Terminal Passeggeri S.p.A. will acknowledge the receipt of the complaint to the passenger within five (5) working days from the date of submission and respond within sixty (60) days.
Being the sixty (60) days period expired, and only if the complaint has been already submitted to the company, the user can forward the complaint to ART by filling in the specific form available on the website https://www.autorita-trasporti.it. The receipt of the complaint submitted to the Carrier/Terminal Operator along with all the claim documentation shall be attached to this form. The form shall be accompanied by a copy of a valid identification document of the passenger and of the person who submit the complaint on his behalf. The form can be sent by registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt, by certified e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by common e-mail to email@example.com. It can also be delivered by hand to ART Registry Office or by the dedicated telematics system for submitting and managing the complaints (SiTe).